Skipper's Mate is free Open Source software (GPLv2)- see README here - developed by sailors who wanted to make sure their boat is safe when they're not on board.
Then they decided to add some fun to the security - using the Internet, watching FreeView TV and video while on a mooring or at anchor. All
without mains power.
Would you like to ...
- Access your boat from anywhere world-wide via the Internet ?
- Create your Own Boat Wi-Fi Hotspot ?
- Switch between Wi-Fi and 3G/4G Internet with a single click ?
- Stream FreeView TV and radio to tablets and laptops ... without using any broadband allowance ?
- Play/view stored video, music and pictures over the Hotspot ?
- Access from tablet, smartphone or laptop on-board ?
- Want VPN tunnelling for secure access ?
- Check on your boat while she's moored or at anchor ?
- Run off 12V/24V using typically less than 10Ah per 24 hours ?
- Receive SMS or email alerts if the boat wanders or an intruder is detected ?
- Add relays to switch boat systems remotely ?
- Add sensors and monitor remotely - voltage, temperature, hatches, PIR ... ?
READY-TO-GO PRE-CONFIGURED KITS
Since it would seem that quite a few of you prefer not to build your own, you can purchase a fully configured hardware kit. Just give it some power from the boat supply (12/24V) and it's up and running. NO SOLDERING REQUIRED ! The proceeds fund further development of the Open Source software.
Click here to see how simple it is to get going with a READY-TO-GO KIT.
Switch Panel and Sensor Panel available from any device - locally or remotely
All our software is Open Source and issued under the GPL. Feel free to download the software to use with your own hardware -
full instructions on how to set the system up, including the installation of additional Open Source Linux packages, can also be downloaded.
Alternatively, just buy a kit and you're ready to go.